Thursday 8 July 2010

Richard Ashcroft Rules Out Gallagher Collaboration Too

Ashcroft belives Oasis’ split will give both of his old mates Liam and Noel Gallagher a new lease of life, with them going on to enjoy the same success he’s experienced as a solo artist.


“I spoke to Noel a couple of days ago,” he said.


“He’s going to go through similar questions to the ones I went through in 2000.


“But he wrote the songs in the biggest band of the Nineties, so he’s got nothing to worry about. It’ll be a new lease of life for both of them. I’m quite excited about it.”


But despite admitting Oasis were most dominant in the 1990s, rather The Verve , Ashcroft is not keen on collaborating with either Gallagher.


“Now you see someone’s album coming out and there are 15 different people on it. The younger generation, like the Dizzees, are getting into ‘Top Trumps’ music - “I’m going to Top Trump you with how many guests I’ve got.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment