Sunday 13 November 2005

Richard Ashcroft Inspired By The Beatles

Like fellow-Lancastrian sixties obsessives Oasis, Richard Ashcroft has unsurprisingly said that he has drawn on the music of The Beatles while recording his new album, his latest attempt to reestablish his place in the UK music scene.

Ashcroft, whose new album 'Keys To The World' is released next January, claims that it's time to look at life at the Beatles did (even though it was 40 fucking years ago and the world has changed somewhat!).

Dicky says: What I like about great records, like 'Revolver', is when you analyse them, they actually go to a lot of different places.

"It was that period where they wrote about English life with a bit of Dylan sardonic twist, and I think we need that now - I think that's what I need to do now.

"I need to stake my claim again."

No comments:

Post a Comment