Saturday 19 December 2009

No I.D. To Produce New Ashcroft Album

Acclaimed producer No I.D., who has crafted tracks for Jay-Z, Common, Fabolous and Jim Jones, is set to release a new album in 2010 which sees him join forces with Richard Ashcroft of UK group The Verve. Talking exclusively to HipHopDX, the Chicago-born musical mastermind explained that the yet to be titled album which will be released on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean came about after Ashcroft, famed for tracks such as "Bittersweet Symphony" and "Lucky Man," heard his Grammy-nominated production on Jay-Z's "D.O.A."

"He also heard an interview where I talked about how producers destroy albums just for the sales and he said he liked how I thought," No I.D explained. "So we went in and recorded between 20-30 songs." The album, which is slated for an April release, was recorded in New York, Los Angeles and London and will be released through Virgin and Virgin/Capitol based on the continent. No I.D was recently nominated for four Grammy Awards for his work on The Blueprint 3 securing two nods for both "Run This Town" and "D.O.A."

No comments:

Post a Comment